Sunday, November 20, 2016

OLO Review: Burgundy Box - SERVED Meal Box


After reviewing the Burgundy Box DIY kit, I got the chance to taste one of their freshly served and ready-to-eat meals as well. Burgundy Box has now established themselves as one of the options when it comes to ordering from a highly curated list of gourmet meals. You can pick and choose from a variety of cuisines in meals, snacks or salads.

And so one fine Wednesday, I placed my order for a Konji Chicken with Hakka Noodles meal for lunch.


I was already starting to get hungry by the time I place the order through the website.


And as promised my served box was delivered to me within the promised time slot.

My food arrived in a neat and clean packaged plastic box with plastic cutlery like a fork, a spoon and a paper tissue.

What was in my Burgundy SERVED Box?

Konji Chicken and Hakka Noodles Burgundy SERVED Box

I was truly impressed by the hygiene and presentation maintained by them. A majority part of my box was the Hakka Noodles, which was tossed with colourful bell peppers and finely chopped spring onions. As you can see, there's also a sizable portion of dry Konji Chicken and Kimchi was also in my box.

My Review:

Taste: The Konji Chicken and Hakka Noodles combo worked for me. Though the chicken was a tad too dry for my taste, its tanginess blended well the freshness of the noodles. The Kimchi was a downer with the cabbage being a tad too soggy. Then again, to be fair, I've never really developed a liking for Chinese pickled cabbage.

Portion Size: For a meal for one, this meal is indeed perfect for a working lunch. Not too overbearing on the stomach, and at the same time will not make you want to place an order for something else.

Value for Money: I would say yes, considering the hygiene factor and the near perfect presentation, I would vouch for this particular box. (This comes from a person who more often than not relies on the oily, questionably healthy office canteen food during lunch-time.)
I paid INR 230 for this box.

Would I Try it Again?
Definitely. Will want to try the boxes in other cuisines as well.


Psst...A Tip: Burgundy Box also offers discounts from time to time. Currently they offer a sweet discount when you order your food on a Wednesday.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Spit it out already!